FyreTape® is a thickwall fiberglass tape coated with silicone rubber that provides thermal protection. FyreTape is used to protect hoses, lines and cables in high temperature areas. It additionally provides protection against short-term hazards such as flame blasts.
When burn-through is a threat, the specially designed construction retards the penetration of the flame. This can allow components to continue to operate for a short amount of time.
The textile construction of FyreTape® allows excellent flexibility in temperatures as low as -60ºC. The silicone coating is highly resistant to a wide range of solvents and fluids.
To allow a good fit when wrapping FyreTape® around its application, use of the selfamalgamating 66N is recommended to further encapsulate the fiberglass and reduce penetration of the fluid inside the assembly. Available colors are RED Iron Oxide and BLACK.
• Operating temperature from -54ºC to +260ºC (-65ºF to +500ºF)
• Low temperature flexibility -54ºC -65ºF
• Excellent thermal protection
• Retards burn-through
• Open construction, can be installed on preassembled hoses
- Short Product Description:
- FyreTape is a thickwall fiberglass tape coated with silicone rubber that provides thermal protection. Operating temperature -54°C to +260°C.
- Datasheet Link: